Friday, 24 January 2014

Slow motion

It's time. I've had a great break from all things baby related and now it's time to get this ball rolling again and jump back on the TTC wagon.

I was at a baby shower a few weeks ago .... Hubby came along with me .... and within an hour of being at the shower, admiring my friends gorgeous baby bump, feeling the love and support the soon to be parents had ...... I got it. I started feeling, craving and yearning for a bub in my arms again.

It was in that moment that I realised it was time to start the TTC process again. 


I want to take this slowly and make sure I've made the right decision. At the moment it feels 89.4541321650% right. So I went to the compounding chemist and filled my scripts. I've started back on DHEA and Melatonin again. This time Devora has me taking CoQ10, Inositol and L-Arginine twice a day. 

I'm eating healthy and exercising regularly.  

I've started meditating and my yoga class begins next week. 

 A few more months of this and we'll see if I'm ready to commit to the IVF cycle. 

Stay tuned! 

B xx

Friday, 13 December 2013

A year ago today

This week has been a BIG struggle. I knew the one year anniversary of losing bubba #3 (read here) was approaching and I was sooooooooooooooooo determined to get through this week with a reflective approach. I didn't want to be sad about it.

But it's here. It's today. And all I want to do is hide from the world.

My spirits are so deflated today. I touched the scars on my stomach this morning and cried. I cried that our bubba was in the wrong spot. I cried for the trauma I suffered. I cried that half my uterus is missing. I cried for my husband and Mum who had to watch and endure the whole thing. I cried for the ache in my heart and arms. I cried for the big black void in our lives.

But to try and end the day on a positive note, I'm forcing myself to write down the positives and fun times experienced this year.
* A great rental house that we can call home.
* The opportunity to travel overseas twice this year.
* Welcoming a new addition to our furry family - Benji boy.
* Being spoilt with a weekend away with friends to Bora Bora House.
* Spending an entire 48 hours with my family - I haven't done that since I moved out of home 12 years ago.
* Parties, parties, parties. Lucky our neighbour is deaf and can't hear us!
* Watching hubby and my nephew play rugby and cricket in our yard.
* Getting a new tattoo to remember our three bubba angels.
* Watching my brother fall in love with his soulmate.

Hubby and I have been forced to say 'no' to a lot of things the past 5 years. But my Dr's orders were to take a year off TTC. No pregnancies allowed. My uterus needed to heal properly.

So it became the year of fun instead. We said 'YES' to just about everything! Seriously it was very fun year.

So today might mark a sad day for me, but I've turned a corner. I know I have. Next year will be bigger and better. Goals are set. Achievements will be made. I'm allowed to try and fall pregnant again now.

I just need to decide when I want to start TTCing again.

Friday, 18 October 2013

Does time heal?

Are you following me on the new blog yet?


It heals. Some days it goes slowly. Other days it speeds by. It's been 10 months now since my 3rd ectopic loss. Ten months of heartache and soul searching. But it's also had so many fun moments.

For the first time in 5 years, I've been forced to relax and NOT try and conceive. Hubby and I have had so many laugh out loud moments, we've indulged, we've travelled more and we expanded our family and adopted another rescue do, Benji.

But time is nearly up. My 12 month ban to not fall pregnant is coming to an end and it's time to start thinking about the next step. I forced myself to make an appt with our IVF DR and get pick her brain about what happens from here. What are the risks? Will the level of care be intensified? Is there a different procedure we could attempt?

I'm SO NOT READY to make any decisions yet. I'm gathering information. I want to know if falling pregnant again is a silly idea? I know the percentage of a 4th ectopic is sky high (around 75% chance of it happening again). Or would I be silly to give up on this dream of having kids because I'm scared? There is a 25% chance that carrying a baby to 35 weeks could happen!

Our DR has recommended I see a life coach first and foremost. There is no point jumping into an IVF cycle if my head and heart are not aligned. It's been four weeks and I still haven't called the recommended life coach. What does that say about how I'm feeling?

Scared mostly. 

I have all the IVF forms, prescriptions and blood test paperwork ready to go. The IVF care will be the same. A frozen cycle has been recommended. Valium will become my best friend pre and post transfer. I know the ectopic symptoms and what to look for. And if I ever acheive another pregnancy, I'll never carry to full term. My uterus has halved in size and my baby will be delivered earlier.

I just need to decide whether I want to give it one more shot ..... or let go of the dream. Is all this rotten bad luck? Or was this God's plan?

What would you do? Another cycle? Or accept it ain't meant to be?